Every Thursday morning I get up with the birds. I put my backpack on my back, lace my boots and make sure my camera battery is fully charged. Thursday is hiking day. It has been for the past year of my life and probably will be till the day that I have to accept that old age has caught up with me. I can't believe all the beauty that I've discovered in this past year has always been right here, under my nose. I'd like to share some of my experiences, as seen through my camera lens, with you. Who knows, you might be inspired to go out and buy yourself a pair of hiking boots as well...

January 2011 - Cape Town, South Africa







Saturday, April 2, 2011

Into the wild...



For if one link in nature's chain might be lost, another might be lost, until the whole of things will vanish piecemeal.    ~ Thomas Jefferson

The following is a glimpse of what we experienced in the Kruger National Park last week - hard to believe that we were so near to all these magnificent creatures now that we're back in the city!

For a bit more on the trip, click here.














































5 comments:

  1. Oooh wow! My envy continues!
    BTW, I think I recognise that 'end' bungalow at Skukusa (I think?) It's a real treat!
    Love all the photos - thank you for sharing!
    Now I just HAVE to make a plan to get to Kruger!
    Lotsaluv
    MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Caryl sent me over to see your lovely photos. I'll be going to SA to spend some time with her next year. Your photos made me so anxious for time to pass☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxmom - I know which house you refer to but this was the one at Lower Sabie. We stayed there 14 years ago when my dad turned 60 - so it was quite special to go back to the same place again. We were there for two nights - what an awesome spot for gameviewing!

    Scout & Freyja - So glad you popped around - I hope you'll include Cape Town in your visit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and am now following you. Your photography is terrific and I get to see parts of the world I will probably never get to see in person. Thanks for the comments on my blog :D

    Regards, Mari
    http://thursdayhiking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mari! Welcome to the blog - I share these with love - who knows, you might be tempted to come and visit our country one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate the feedback!